Friday, September 6, 2013

One sketch, Three ways

One thing I love about a sketch is how you can tweak it to fit what your needs. That is exactly what I did with the card sketch featured on the Studio Calico blog.

First I kept fairly close, the only real difference is that my banner pieces are much larger and my sentiment is stretch across the bottom row of banners. It came out a little bit busier than what I had first planned on, the woodgrain stamp was a last minute decision.

The second card mainly focused on the grid design featured in the sketch. I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and punched it out of several pieces of patterned paper, instead of choosing to end it with the three rows featured in the sketch I decided to keep going below. In the end I'm very happy with how this card came out, goes to show a sketch can merely be a jumping off point, not concrete direction.

The third card kept with the grid thinking. This time I chose to keep with the three rows and dropped one below the sentiment. The hearts from my Stampin' Up! are so small that I chose to use five across so that I could fill the same width that the sentiment filled. Not a bad card but the butterfly is still my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!