Friday, June 21, 2013

Your Love Of Reading

Another new page. I'm proud that I got two done this week, my husband came home early and I was able to really push hard to finish today.

This page is for week 4 of the Sketch Support class. To be honest it started with the left side of the sketch and kinda took on a life of its own. It has some elements that reference the sketch but not many. The challenge was to make your own embellishment, I believe I passed that with flying colors.

Your Love Of Reading

This page is using almost all new items from my recent hauls. I had items pulled already from my stash but I was tired of looking at them. If you look at my last couple of pages they are actually from the same day and I intended to keep using the same supplies but the My Girl collection called to me.

The part I am most excited about is my knock-off of a layered banner piece from Crate Paper's The Pier collection. I loved the look but it wouldn't match my layout, not that I have it since it's out of stock at A Cherry On Top.

The Pier Knock-Off Embellishment, Tools and Cut Pieces

That is the piece that I wanted to copy. It's really only 4 pieces layered and stitched together it was very easy to recreate.

The Pier Layered and Stitched Embellishment

My list of supplies along with my cut pieces, minus the sewing machine and Stickles. The scalloped piece is 1 inch wide, it's too long here but the finished piece is 4 1/2 inches long. The pinked circle is cut using the smallest die in the Spellbinder pinked circle die set. The plain circle is cut using a 1 and 3/4 inch circle punch. You can see mine is cut from a scrap and missing a piece, the missing chunk will be hidden with the layers. The banner really depends on your project mine is 1 inch wide, the length doesn't matter because you are layering it anyways. I inked the edges of everything with Pumice Stone Distress Ink, it helps to give a little more definition.

The Pier Knock-Off Embellishment Layered and Stitched Piece

All complete and stitched. I'm so happy with how this turned out and will be making several more for other layouts.

The Pier Knock-Off Embellishment Complete on Page

For the finished piece I used some Star Dust Stickles on the lighter gray pieces of the herringbone pattern. The original looks like it might have some glitter on the polka dot pattern of the pinked circle piece, I haven't seen it in person to know for sure. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what all I can recreate.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I loved that embellishment from The Pier collection (probably my favourite collection ever) and I also recreated one of these on a recent layout. I really like how yours turned out and the touch of glitter is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful ! Thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!