Saturday, May 11, 2013

Halloween 2012

You can tell I'm great with the clever titles, right?

This will conclude my attempt at the NSD challenges. I wish I could get more in but there just isn't time, at least with the time constraints. I still plan on trying the color challenge from the SG blog, I love the ombre look and haven't gotten around to making a layout with that look.

This particular layout goes along with Shimelle's challenge to use brads or eyelets. Brads are an easy one, I use those on almost every layout I do already. For this page I decided to dig deep within my stash, and I struck gold! Okay, I struck green

For this layout I used Doodlebugs Haunted Manor, it was the perfect colors to go with his dragon costume. I finally pulled out my Studio AE stamp set from October 2011, I'm so ashamed that it took this long to use it. Along with some scraps from Echo Park Springtime and Playground, Am I the only one with scraps that seem to multiply in night? My signature move lately is POW! glitter paper and this layout was no exception.

For the challenge portion I found some green eyelets that set of my stamping perfectly. Honestly, I was shocked that I had the right color, my eyelet stash is incredibly low. The best part was trying to find my eyelet setter, I had to leave the layout one day and resume the next when I finally found it. Ah, adventures in scrapbooking. Side bonus, I found something else I had been looking for, isn't that the way it always goes?

This will only be one of the layouts for Riley's first Halloween. It was a party held the weekend before at a friends church. Riley won a costume contest, no one could resist my cute little dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!